Warren Jones Sportsmanship Award
- Created: 30 October 2013 30 October 2013
In honor and memory of the contributions that Warren Jones made to the AWMA and dog sports, we are proud to announce the Warren Jones Sportsmanship Award that will be presented each year at our national championship. The Executive Board of the AWMA is calling for nominations for this year's inaugural presentation. The nomination process is simple. Please send the name of your nominee (must be an AWMA member) by November 10 to the AWMA secretary. Write a brief explanation of how your nominee embodies the spirit and/or actions of sportsmanship, their service to the AWMA, and why they should receive this award.
2013 Annual meeting
- Created: 15 October 2013 15 October 2013
The annual meetings for the AWMA are coming up soon on Friday, November 15 at the championship in Illinois, time and location to be announced soon. Clubs, be sure your membership rosters are up to date and that you name your delegate for the meeting. We need your presence for a quorum to conduct the business of the organization. The agendas are as follows:
AGENDA 2013 AWMA EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING
- Call to Order
- Reading of minutes of previous meeting
- Appeals for waiver of annual event from local clubs
- Old business
- Discussion on AWDF, FCI and sport politics
- New business
- Judges program
- Training aids
Call to Order
- Reading of minutes of previous meeting
- Officer reports
- Vice President
- Budget summary from previous year
- Proposed budget for next year
- Membership chair
- Scorebook report
- Committee reports
- World Championship/National Events
- Judges Committee
- Standing Committees
- Auditing Committee – 3 members
- Board of Inquiry – 3 members and alternate(s)
- World Championship/National Events – 2 members
- Judges Committee – off cycle for one non-judge
- Ad-hoc Committees
- Old Business
- AWDF information
- FCI and FMBB updates
- New Business
- Discussion of motions and actions taken by board in previous year
- AWMA Nationals – contracts, bids
- Policy on training equipment
- Recruiting judges
- Directions for the AWMA
2013 FCI IPO World Championship
- Created: 25 September 2013 25 September 2013
Congratulations to the 2013 FCI team!!!
Congratulations to the team for their second place finish and to the AWMA members for their outstanding performances. We are proud of your accomplishments.
For complete results go to World FCI / IPO Championship Czech Republic
|Mike Diehl||Irmus Galan Nalag||95||93||97||285||4|
|Fabian Robinson||Graubaer's Boker||96||97||90||283||9|
|Susan Miller||Axa Prima Sudo||99||89||91||279||16|
- Created: 07 July 2013 07 July 2013
The American Working Malinois Association wishes to express its deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Warren Jones, who passed away this evening. Warren was an incredible dog man; he was an accomplished trainer and handler, IPO judge, and served many years on the AWMA Executive Board. He was by far the most knowledgeable person on the rules and bylaws - there was never a question he didn't have an answer for. His dedication to the organization helped to shape what the AWMA is today. As a judge he was always kind and supportive of new handlers, and was always a friendly face if you saw him at a trial. In his non-dog life he was an incredibly accomplished professor at MSU who just received a lifetime achievement award for his work as an engineering professor. Words do not begin to address what an amazing man Warren was, nor how much this loss will be felt in the dog community. We will miss you, Warren.
2013 AWDF Championships
- Created: 22 May 2013 22 May 2013
Congratulations to the AWDF Competitors
The 2013 AWDF Championship was hosted by Kentucky Hundesport Klub on May 15-19, 2013 at Barren River State Resort Park in Lucas, Kentucky.
Congratulations to everyone who attended and competed, especially to Ivan and Ebor on their placement, to Fabian and Boker for high obedience, to Susan and Axa for their tie for high tracking and for receiving high female and high fxx, and to team AWMA for winning the team challenge. Also thanks to Waine and Angie for volunteering to coordinate the field crew for the event.
- Ivan Balabanov and Ebor, 5th place IPO 3
- Susan Miller and Axa, tie for high tracking, high female, high female
- Fabian Robinson and Boker, high obedience
Score book policy
- Created: 17 May 2013 17 May 2013
Motion passed May 16, 2013 (AWDF annual meeting)
- Effective immediately, AWDF member clubs can issue score books to any breed of dog owned by their members and list the dog's breed on the score book provided that proof of FCI recognized registration accompanies the application. Score book application processes used by each member club will be followed.
- Dogs for which no FCI recognized registration is submitted can receive a scorebook from any AWDF organization but the dog will be listed as a mix.
- Breeds not recognized by the FCI (for example, American Bulldog) must have their scorebooks issued by their breed organization or the dog will be listed as a mix.
- Clubs that offer the opportunity to have a non-FCI registered dog's breed listed in the scorebook via a working privilege listing (for example Malinois with the AWMA) must have the scorebook issued by that club.
- Effective March 21, 2013, USCA eliminated the requirement for scorebooks to be certified by USCA, thus also removing scorebook certification fees. USCA will accept scorebooks from all AWDF, WUSV, or FCI organizations.
- Effective with the 2014 AWDF Championship, the requirement to use an AWDF scorebook is removed. This was done to accommodate the use of foreign scorebooks issued by FCI organizations and therefore complies with the FCI regulation of one scorebook per dog.
For further information, contact your AWDF member club.
- Created: 08 May 2013 08 May 2013
Congratulations to the FMBB Competitors!
The FMBB Championship was held 30th April to 5 May in Koper, Slovenia.
We had a strong showing from our two IPO competitors this year, with Susan Miller and Axa Prima Sudo finishing in ninth place with a score of 98/88/93 (279) and David Green and Luigi Du Dantero in eleventh place with a score of 91/96/91 (278). Congratulations to both and sincere appreciation for taking the time, effort, and expense to represent us at this international event.
- Created: 30 April 2013 30 April 2013
We have 21 AWMA entries for the upcoming AWDF Championship. Thanks to Donna McGinnis our tireless secretary for making sure everything was done correctly and turned in on time.
Best of luck to all of our competitors:
- Deb Stephenson Brix de la Forge
- Ronald Byers Havoc DeMeaux
- Kimberly Yeager Luger DeMeaux
- Reed Raleigh Romilda
Deadline for AWDF entries
- Created: 15 April 2013 15 April 2013
The deadline for AWDF entries is approaching soon....
AWDF Championship - After you enter online, please print your entry, sign the waiver (with blue ink), make your check payable to AWMA, and mail to:
P.O. Box 72738
Phoenix, AZ 85050
Entries must be to Donna by April 22, 2013.
- Created: 19 February 2013 19 February 2013
Proud to announce the following members of the AWMA team to the FMBB
- Fabian Robinson and Graubaer's Boker
- Sean Rivera and Daneskjold Iron
- David Greene and Luigi du Dantero
- Susan Miller and Axa Prima Sudo
Mondio (in partnership with the USMRA)
- Melissa Mims and E'Lykos von Donnertal
Congratulations to all!!
Declarations for the 2013 FMBB Team
- Created: 05 January 2013 05 January 2013
Declarations for the 2013 FMBB IPO and agility teams are due by February 1. We will be sending a team for IPO, agility (open to all Belgian breeds) and Mondio (in partnership with the United States Mondioring Association). Criteria for selection and information needed for the declarations can be found on the policies and procedures link. If you have automatically qualified for the team because of your score at the Nationals you still need to submit your declaration. Mondio declarations go to USMRA. We are also accepting requests for the IPO team captain.
We are also seeking donations for the 2013 team. If you would like to make a donation, there is a link on the right hand side of the screen for the paypal button that says "donation." Once you enter the donation amount you can click the button that says "please indicate what the donation is for' and enter FMBB 2013. You can also send a check to the to the AWMA treasurer with a note that it is for the team. Thank you in advance for all of your help.