Bids sought for 2012 AWMA Nationals

Events and results

Moderators: annecamper, Bob Miller, AronSchH3, sch3dana, Paul K

Bids sought for 2012 AWMA Nationals

Postby annecamper » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:42 pm

2012 AWMA National IPO Championship
& National FH Championship Bid Submission

The AWMA World Championship/National Events Committee would like to officially welcome all clubs to submit bids for hosting the 2012 AWMA National Championship.

This will be the 10th annual IPO event and we would really like to have an event planned that would be very special and memorable in nature.

An individual AWMA club or multiple clubs can apply [i.e. one to handle tracking and another to handle the stadium]. Sometimes hosting an event can be a big undertaking for a small club and we think it’s a great idea to have two clubs collaborate the hosting of this wonderful event.

To assist member clubs, the WC/NE Committee is currently drafting a manual to help assist clubs with all aspects of trial management. This manual will also include contacts from committee and board members that will be ready, willing, & able to help you and your club with all the nuances of trial management, such as where ‘do I find a list of judges’, ‘how do I ask a school for use of their stadium’, ’what helpers are available’, ‘how much tracking grounds do I need to secure’, etc.

The AWMA will also provide a portion of the financial resources to the host organization[s]. For 2012, the AWMA will give $1,500 plus $25 from each of the previous year’s entries to the host club[s].

The hosting agreement and details for who can enter the AWMA IPO and/or FH Championship can be found on our website (www.workingmalinois.org) under ‘policies and procedures’. The event date should be between Oct. 1 and Nov. 30, 2012. An FH Championship may be held in advance or in conjunction with the IPO competition.

To submit your bid, please provide the following information:

• Name of the club[s]
• Contact person
• Contact phone and email
• Proposed dates
• Whether you would like to host the entire event or partial
• Description of the venue, including facilities for obedience/protection, distance to major airport, distance to potential host hotels from event location, availability/type of tracking, and distance to tracking from the stadium.

Bids need to be received by February 1, 2012 via fax to 847.897.1701 or email to anne_c@erc.montana.edu and shari@malinoisdogs.com.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
AWMA President, Anne Camper AWMA WC/NE Committee Chairperson, Shari Lipski
406.599.4755 847.682.0515
annecamper

Re: Bids sought for 2012 AWMA Nationals

Postby annecamper » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:25 am

Reminder that bids are due on Feb. 1 as per the announcement above. Please consider hosting this event!

Anne
annecamper

Postby mohawkjohn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi Anne, our Club Motor City Working Dogs put in for the 2012 AWMA Nationals here in Kentucky. The bids have to be in by Feb 1st 2012...When will you let the club that you guys choose know that they will be the hosting club?
mohawkjohn

Postby annecamper » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:45 am

As soon as we can. The WC/NE Committee will make a recommendation and then the board will need to vote, so this will take a couple weeks.

Anne
annecamper

Postby mohawkjohn » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:55 am

Thanks Anne.....
mohawkjohn

Postby Gunny » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:23 am

Hey Club,

I was wondering if there is anyway to list the clubs that have put in a bid?

I know Blue water in conjunction with a Detroit Metro (a UScA club) has asked me for help if they should get the bid.

Also, MCWD in conjunction with Sue/Gabor's club (a UScA) put in a bid.

Thanks for the good work!
Temple of the Tree's Aderes (Addie) SchH3. HOT
A'Mickey DaKine
Http://MalinoisDaKine.com
Gunny

Postby annecamper » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:04 am

We received only one bid from Motor City. The bid was reviewed by the WC/NE Committee and is now before the board for a vote.

Anne
annecamper

Return to Events