Shutzhund Trained Mal Needs Rehome

A place to post dogs available for rescue/re-homing or anything else pertinent to rescue.

Moderators: annecamper, Bob Miller, AronSchH3, sch3dana, Paul K

Shutzhund Trained Mal Needs Rehome

Postby bmaddock » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:34 am

Below was received by a ABMC Rescue volunteer. If anyone is able to help this gentleman, please contact Ann Lozier at belgmal@charter.net . She will be able to provide the picture mentioned and the contact information for the owner. ABMC Rescue cannot take the dog because of the bitework.
Thanks,
Becky Wortman
NW Coordinator ABMC Rescue

I AM THE OWNER OF A 6-YEAR OLD MALE (UN-NEUTERED) BELGIAN MALINOIS FROM CHAMPION LINES ... HE HAS BEEN TRAINED IN SCHUTZHUND ... MY FAMILY HAS BEEN FINANCIALLY FORCED TO DOWNSIZE FROM A LARGE HOME TO A VERY SMALL CONDO WHICH DOES NOT ACCEPT PETS OF ANY KIND. THIS BREAKS MY HEART, BUT I MUST PLACE MY "DIABLO" UP FOR RESCUE PRIOR TO MAY 1, 2010. I DO NOT WISH TO RANDOMLY PLACE HIM FOR PUBLIC ADOPTION BECAUSE I DON'T WANT HIM PLACED IN THE WRONG HANDS. DIABLO IS AN EXTREMELY FRIENDLY "SCOOBY-DOO", UNTIL HE IS GIVEN COMMANDS IN DUTCH ... THEN HE WILL RESPOND "ACCORDINGLY". WE HAVE A 12-YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WHO HAS PLAYED WITH HIM SINCE SHE WAS 6, BUT I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND A NEW FAMILY WITH SMALL CHILDREN BECAUSE HE HAS ONLY KNOWN OUR DAUGHTER AND HER FRIENDS. HE IS CRATE-TRAINED AND IS NOT, REPEAT NOT, HOUSEBROKEN. HE HAS NEVER BEEN A "HOUSE" DOG ... HE HAS BEEN AN OUTDOOR KENNELLED DOG DURING THE DAY, AND CRATED AT NIGHT. HE GETS PLENTY OF EXERCISE DURING THE DAY ... HE IS A FANTASTIC TRACKER AND LOVES TO "FETCH" ("APORT" IN DUTCH). HE IS A RARE "RED" MALINOIS AND IS A BEAUTIFUL SPECIMEN. I WAS PLANNING ON BREEDING HIM, THUS HE REMAINED UN-NEUTERED. I HAVE ATTACHED A PHOTO AND PRAY THAT YOU CAN IMMEDIATELY REFER HIM TO A LOCAL RESCUE, OR WITH YOU. WE LIVE IN WARREN, RHODE ISLAND AND I'M NOT AWARE OF ANY RESCUES IN THIS STATE. I DO NOT WISH TO DROP HIM OFF AT THE POUND, BUT WILL BE FORCED TO IF NO RESPONSE BY MAY 1, 2010.
bmaddock

Return to Rescue