Malinois in Rochester, NY

A place to post dogs available for rescue/re-homing or anything else pertinent to rescue.

Moderators: annecamper, Bob Miller, AronSchH3, sch3dana, Paul K

Malinois in Rochester, NY

Postby Em_Star » Tue May 19, 2009 10:01 am

Hello after much thought I have decided to see if I can find a good home for my 5.5 yr. old Malinois Terry T. a.k.a. Crazy Van JoeFarm. Terry has his Schutzhund 1 and could probably get his 3 at a club level with ALOT of work. He has terrible grips and his outs come and go, ironically he is not a super nervey Malinois. He is about 70 lbs., good with most dogs (no intact males need apply), mostly social but sometimes is weirded out by people. He is not used to children so he will not go to a home with children or lots of visiting children. His ideal home would be someone who is super active, he hikes with me almost every day, a doggy friend (he loves my Boston Terrier), and some working without high expectations. T. was my first sport dog and we did just about everything wrong but he always forgave me. I will not send him more than a 3-4 hour drive from here as he will need to test driven first he has some quirks (hey he is a Mali!). He doesn't do well crated for extended periods of time (more than 5 hours and he may vomit), he has BIG trouble if you take him off of Purina Pro Plan, he unloads by barking, and he can not be left loose in the house. His plusses are he is always willing to try, he is very sweet, great sense of humor, healthy boy, sound, and he is drop dead gorgeous IMO :D I am not trying to "get rid" of T. but find him a home where he will get more of what he needs work has scaled up and I have a new puppy I am hoping will be a worker. Please e-mail me at Emily@dogsatplay.com with Terry T. in the subjet if you know anyone who might be interested, I will be putting potential homes through the wringer though :wink: Below is a recent picture of him at the park......

Em_Star

Re: Malinois in Rochester, NY

Postby Em_Star » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:03 am

Terry will be neutered and I am attempting to adopt him privately via a local rescue.
Em_Star

Return to Rescue