Bert Aerts Work Shop in SoCal.

Brag about your Malinois here

Moderators: annecamper, Bob Miller, AronSchH3, sch3dana, Paul K

Bert Aerts Work Shop in SoCal.

Postby Gunny » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:32 am

I had the great chance to work with Bert Aerts for three days on all three phases of training. First off, A hell of a guy. And his GF Nicole is one mosthelpful people I have ever met. He also is one of the best Decoys I have ever seen. And his training his great!!!! Goes really well with my style of training.

But the brag: Bert was complimenting Addie after I had left. He came up to me the next day. And he Said, "Jim, What you have there in that dog is a piece of gold. Trainer her the best you can. You may never ever get a dog like this again. She could easily sit on a podium at a World Championship."

I was very flattered. The compliment coming from a man whom has bred some of the worlds best dogs, and also is a world champion really gives it some value.

It also was nice to see Danny get to be proud of a dog he bred. That really puts some validation to the things you are doing as a breeder and our trainer director.
Temple of the Tree's Aderes (Addie) SchH3. HOT
A'Mickey DaKine
Http://MalinoisDaKine.com
Gunny

Postby daretu » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:22 am

How neat that must have been Gunny! I'm thrilled for you and Danny! That's one of those moments that you'll treasure for a life time! Keep up the good work.
Penny Winegartner
daretu@earthlink.net
daretu

Postby Danny » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:53 am

Hi Penny,
It has been a treat - as usual - training with Bert and Nicole again. I never anticipated some of the neat stuff that happens when you put together a breeding and place pups with their new owners. It can be (not always though :lol:) a very, very rewarding experience.

Bert still hasn't seen Sunny's Dralion and Iggy. He's in for a treat. Both dogs are impressive. He said, if things keep going this way, the Belgians will be coming here for dogs. :D

Finally, as you know Penny, a big, big part of the equation is the homes and hearts where the pups are placed. In this particular case, Jim (Gunny), gets all the credit. He loves Addie, takes good care of her, and is always trying to teach in a way that minimizes punishment and maximizes reward. That means a lot to me. Addie is Jim's first dog in the sport and she's not even close to maximizing her potential. When you find a good female, I think Bert is right, it's like finding a piece of gold.
Danny

Postby Gunny » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:29 am

Thanks Penny, It's been wonderful. I mean Berts the type of guy you would want to train with because he is just a down to earth guy, he has a good time. One thing he does much better than most of the people here in America is he does not worry so much. He sees problems as a chance to train the dog, not a possible chance to fail a trail. He also is the best handler I have seen.
A'Mickey DaKine
Gunny

Postby Candy » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:13 pm

Gunny wrote:Thanks Penny, It's been wonderful. I mean Berts the type of guy you would want to train with because he is just a down to earth guy, he has a good time. One thing he does much better than most of the people here in America is he does not worry so much. He sees problems as a chance to train the dog, not a possible chance to fail a trail. He also is the best handler I have seen.

Congrats Jim and Danny! I'd like to add one great quality to the above post that seems to be difficult to find in most owners, breeders, and trainers. And that is when you are doing what you do for the right reasons...being about the dogs, not about the egos. Everything else falls in place.

I was honored to watch Bert work his magic today. He is a nice guy, lots of fun, obviously loves training and is self-assured in his work and while working with others. (he liked my pup too 8) )

There were many nice dogs being worked but the one that made the biggest impression was when Bert took Bico on a fur saver only and did a beautiful obedience routine. He was calm and clear and the dog was too. This is a powerful dog who (at times) has trouble containing himself and it was a great example of the right work for this dog. Bob was taking notes :)

If the opportunity comes for Bert & Nicole to come again, it will be a pleasure to see them. Both are very nice, down to earth people. Viola c'est :)
Candy E.
Vini SchH 3 H.O.T.
Loup Noir Horatio AKA "Rico"
Candy

Postby Will » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:36 am

Always nice to hear positive feedback about your work. Congrats to both Jim and Danny for their efforts. Jim for providing a great home & working environment and Danny for choosing wisely.

On a slightly different note: GUNNY, when are you slated to make the move out here to Michigan? Any new developments on that front?
-Will-
Hari: AKA: Stubborn Pup & Mischievous Imp
Tiko: Pound puppy & Social Butterfly
The two most abundant things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity!
Will

Postby Candy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:12 am

Danny, I know everyone will be busy training and taking the time to just enjoy Bert & Nicole, but wouldn't it be nice to do a interview with him for the AWMA and UScA magazines? Hint, hint, hint :) The youngest FCI World Champion ever?!?!?!

I'm sure there would lots of interest in Bert's beginnings and history into dog training.

Just thought I'd toss that out there :) Either way enjoy and have fun training.
Candy E.
Vini SchH 3 H.O.T.
Loup Noir Horatio AKA "Rico"
Candy

Postby Gunny » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:15 pm

Will wrote:Always nice to hear positive feedback about your work. Congrats to both Jim and Danny for their efforts. Jim for providing a great home & working environment and Danny for choosing wisely.

On a slightly different note: GUNNY, when are you slated to make the move out here to Michigan? Any new developments on that front?

I report to work on 15july. I will be busy for a little while I have some things at work that need to get taken care of, and some family issues, like finding a house.
A'Mickey DaKine
Gunny

Postby Danny » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:17 pm

Candy wrote:Danny, I know everyone will be busy training and taking the time to just enjoy Bert & Nicole, but wouldn't it be nice to do a interview with him for the AWMA and UScA magazines? Hint, hint, hint :) The youngest FCI World Champion ever?!?!?!

I'm sure there would lots of interest in Bert's beginnings and history into dog training.

Just thought I'd toss that out there :) Either way enjoy and have fun training.
That's a good idea. I'll check into that.
Danny

Return to Brags