Temple of the Tree litter announcement

Planned litters

Moderators: annecamper, Bob Miller, AronSchH3, sch3dana, Paul K

Re: Temple of the Tree litter announcement

Postby Phil Behun » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:32 pm

Puppies are puppies. Don't they kinda do the same things????? Could you tell me what you see in these photos that you have never seen before?? So, far what I have seen from the father is a slow sometimes short gripping dull personality that needs a high sleeve presentation or he won't come up. Personally I would not use him. I expect Donna to be amazed because she already has a dog from Danny and we all have a tendency to feel that our dogs are the best of the best but the love fest is a little old.
Phil Behun
Oak Spring Kennels
von der Eichenquelle Belgian Malinois

www.malinoisdogs.com
www.oakspringkennels.com
Phil Behun

Postby mohawkjohn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:37 am

"Phil The Grumpy Old Man" congratulations it takes a real douchebag to post some of the stuff you post...You must have real low self esteem about your breeding's to say things like you do about others..Hope it make you feel better...Because it doesnt make you look better!
mohawkjohn

Postby Danny » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:00 am

Jim, Donna and Mohawk: Thanks. I wish we could just post and share without things devolving. Glenn Stephenson tried to get more activity on this Board a while ago. Stuff like this is the reason why, IMO, there is so little activity on this Board.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Hi Phil,

The purpose of me sharing these video clips with the board is not to show how 'great' these puppies are or to advertise (they were all sold long ago). It's simply to share for those that enjoy seeing puppies. Personally, I'd be interested in seeing the progress of your pups (or any breeder's for that matter) from day 1 up until they leave for their new homes.

I agree with you, there's nothing new in these videos. They're just short, weekly video clips of good, happy, healthy pups. That's all.

As far as the sire goes. You are seriously mistaken about whether the dog comes up or not. That dog is a flyer and my sleeve presentation is something I borrowed from Ivan a long time ago. It is something I occasionally do to give a dog a different look.

My intent is not to irritate you, just to share with those interested.

Sincerely,
Danny

P.s. We're taking the pups to the field today and will be shooting video. I'll be posting that later today. Just to share. That's all.
Danny

Postby Phil Behun » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:50 pm

John (and I use the term lightly), if you want to see a douchebag,,,,go look in the mirror. Am I correct in my hearing that one of the clubs mentioned in an earlier post that would not allow Cynthia Zimmerman to do a walk along at their trial was yours? If it's true, you are the true definition of an asshole and unlike you, I will walk right up to your face and tell you. I really don't care how you think it makes me look as your opinion of me or my dogs or anyone's dogs really has no value and doesn't interest me in the least.

Maybe Danny, the reason that until no one posted anything about your numerous posts about "your puppies" is the fact that people of tired of you chirping about how great your puppies are. Each time a puppy out of your breeding takes a breath you are broadcasting the event. Announce your litter, give your website address or your phone number and let it go. You post photos and videos on a public forum and you essentially are welcoming and are subject to criticism. If you don't like it,,,,,don't post them. I'm not the kind of person who feels obligated to give every child who plays sports a trophy, let them earn awards. You post videos and photos of work that I don't think is amazing I'm going to say it, and I really don't care if you like it or not. If it bothers you, don't post it here, send it to your fans via E-mail.
Phil Behun
Oak Spring Kennels

www.malinoisdogs.com
www.oakspringkennels.com
Phil Behun

Postby j.4knee » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:54 pm

Phil Behun wrote:John (and I use the term lightly), if you want to see a douchebag,,,,go look in the mirror. Am I correct in my hearing that one of the clubs mentioned in an earlier post that would not allow Cynthia Zimmerman to do a walk along at their trial was yours? If it's true, you are the true definition of an asshole and unlike you, I will walk right up to your face and tell you. I really don't care how you think it makes me look as your opinion of me or my dogs or anyone's dogs really has no value and doesn't interest me in the least.

Maybe Danny, the reason that until no one posted anything about your numerous posts about "your puppies" is the fact that people of tired of you chirping about how great your puppies are. Each time a puppy out of your breeding takes a breath you are broadcasting the event. Announce your litter, give your website address or your phone number and let it go. You post photos and videos on a public forum and you essentially are welcoming and are subject to criticism. If you don't like it,,,,,don't post them. I'm not the kind of person who feels obligated to give every child who plays sports a trophy, let them earn awards. You post videos and photos of work that I don't think is amazing I'm going to say it, and I really don't care if you like it or not. If it bothers you, don't post it here, send it to your fans via E-mail.

Here is an interesting concept if you don like the videos posted here don't look at them. You've already shown you know nothing about the sire. Who the hell buggered your starfish? Mohawk is wrong you are not a douchebag you're the flippin king of doucheville!
R/Jim
MPACTS Blackjack, Temple of the Tree's Bodhisattva
j.4knee

Postby mohawkjohn » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:00 pm

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
mohawkjohn

Postby Phil Behun » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:55 pm

Big and slow and short gripping http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCsP7O-GJxc
Big and slow and dull,,,note the slooooowwwww retrieves and weak hold http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62khsIB2IFY

And, to add insult to injury, the sleeve gets slipped to a dog with a short grip. If your helper rewards a dog for a short grip, you need to find another helper. If you can't see a genetic short grip then maybe you should sit back and listen and learn. And no the dog doesn't come up,,,,, show the long. The technique of holding the sleeve up high is commonly used when the dog is first learning the distance attacks,,,,,,,not every freakin' grip. Don't like the critique??????? Don't put them out there. Maybe when you learn something about dogs and their behavior and the biting sports, you can come back and offer something to an intelligent conversation.
Phil Behun
Oak Spring Kennels

www.malinoisdogs.com
www.oakspringkennels.com
Phil Behun

Postby j.4knee » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:40 pm

Phil Behun wrote:I don't care how I feel about a person, I will not take out frustrations or personal feelings on their dog.

I get it now you just want us to see that buggered starfish. Didn't you just say in another thread you would not take your feelings out on another persons dog. You keep throwing your opinion out like it matters or has some relevance. What has the owner of this dog done to you?
R/Jim
j.4knee

Postby Phil Behun » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:34 pm

I was referring to deliberately injuring someone's dog physically or mentally because of a personal vendetta. Meaning, even if I didn't like someone personally, I wouldn't hold the organization hostage by not allowing them to do a simple walk along at my trial.
Phil Behun
Oak Spring Kennels

www.malinoisdogs.com
www.oakspringkennels.com
Phil Behun

Postby j.4knee » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Soooo your not going to answer my question about what the owner of this dog has done to you. Oh silly me I know why this owner has done nothing to you. Yep I think we can see your colon now.
R/Jim
j.4knee

Postby Phil Behun » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:55 pm

Have I mentioned the owner of the dog anywhere here? I mentioned the quality of the grips, the quality of the training and the talent level of the dog. Did I not say that "personally", I would not use him? You go right ahead, I need more dog. I don't breed my dogs so I can show "baby" pictures of my family and give daily updates like my dogs have their own facebook page. I got into breeding because I got tired of trying to find someone who bred the kind of Malinois that I like not because I want everyone to have a dog from me some me. You don't like me or my dogs????? Then don't buy one and stay out of my warm shower.
Phil Behun
Oak Spring Kennels

www.malinoisdogs.com
www.oakspringkennels.com
Phil Behun

Postby j.4knee » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Never said you mentioned the owner. You just being a general shit. And you know it is personal. But thanks I'd have declined the offer to shower with you anyway. I did not know you were so tender.
R/Jim
j.4knee

Postby Stew » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:10 am

Interesting...
People will always be willing to tell you what you aren't. That you are too tall or short, too big or small, too fast or slow, too smart or dumb, they will say no until all the no(s) become meaningless, and those that succeed will always only say yes... Danny, and any others, I for one appreciate the puppy updates and pics keep them coming. Anyone that can only watch videos or look at pics with an eye to negativity and not learn something every time has lost vision, perspective, love for the "game" and mindfulness...Which reminds me...

The Paradoxical Commandments
by Dr. Kent M. Keith

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.

Stew
Stew

Postby Phil Behun » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:03 am

So Stew what you are saying is, when you go to a SchH trial with your dog, the judge is not to point out the exercises your dog misses? That in the protection phase and even the obedience phase, all dog handler teams are to be scored identically? No more points, we're just here for fun, yay fun, let's throw some fairy dust in the air and give each other a great big hug, it's just a demo. You're contradicting yourself, in one breath you criticize me for criticizing the performance, how is this possible? Can't you just learn from it??????? In many cases, I see things in training others don't and in some cases others see something I don't. Hmmmmm isn't that called learning? Because our experiences and opinions differ that makes mine wrong and yours right? How dare you sir.

As I stated earlier, I'm not about rewarding mediocre performance with a grand prize, hence the example of today's youth athletics where in many leagues, every one gets a trophy no matter where they finish or how they perform. Let's not confuse effort with accomplishment. IMO, a dog is not a good example of what the Malinois represents, the agility, the desire the speed and probably should not be promoted as such. I don't do breedings just to do them, I'm trying to improve on something I have. I don't just use the closest dog because I don't like the person who owns the very nice dog, or they're charging more than I want to pay. I don't go to a cheaper ortho guy to have my knees repaired, I go to the best available. You don't like the fact that I am criticizing a video put on a public forum yet, isn't that why it was put there? Were you ever taught the word "No" by your parents? Did you ever miss a question on a test? Did you expect the teacher of that particular course to just agree with everything you said and pat you on the back with congratulations on the great job you did? No, I don't believe you did. If I am to be told "If you don't like the pictures or the video, don't watch them", then the same is true for your response, if you don't like what I have to say, don't read it. The subject title information lists the name of most current responder, if you see my name it's simple,,,,,,,,,don't freakin' read it.
Phil Behun
Oak Spring Kennels

www.malinoisdogs.com
www.oakspringkennels.com
Phil Behun

Postby Stew » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Phil,
You will need to go back and read my post again. At no point were you specifically singled out. What was singled out was, and I quote “Anyone that can only watch videos or look at pics with an eye to negativity”, and if that is the only thing one can do then there is a mindfulness/perspective issue. You are absolutely correct, when one goes to trial, you are paying to take that judges test, BUT, along with the critique comes what is good about the performance. Same thing goes in school, relationships and in life, not everything comes up roses, and out of adversity, strength, success and conviction can develop. There is also a very large difference between a constructive critique that seeks clarity for learning purposes vs a destructive one that is only designed to be hurtful and of no particular value. I watch almost every video posted on this forum, with a critical eye to two things the positive and the negative...why? Because, I learn a great deal every time, BUT, I also am keenly aware that I am seeing a snapshot in time, I don’t know the context, the process, the goal for that dog, litter, training session etc., that the owner/handler etc is going for.

In many cases, I see things in training others don't and in some cases others see something I don't. Hmmmmm isn't that called learning? Because our experiences and opinions differ that makes mine wrong and yours right?

Learning theory has been around for a long time. Our experiences and opinions may differ, and maybe they don’t. The one thing we do know is that learning is stunted and fails to occur in situations where destructive negativity is used as a tool of guidance. No dog is perfect just like their owners. Whether in training, breeding or trialing, I’m pretty sure there is a common goal of success. In Sch, I train with the goal to attain the perfect 300. I pity me if I ever achieve it as everything will be anticlimactic from that point forward...or will it? Because then I will want to get it again to make sure it wasn’t a fluke, until then I will always be looking and learning on how to improve... In breeding, I have used dogs that I liked VERY much and they did not produce, and I have used dogs that I loved, but not everything about them, and they have produced phenomenally. That is how they say, “life is like a box of chocolates, you never really know what you will get”.

In closing, a few words...puppy videos...love em, especially if they are active, and doing things for the first time. Training/trialing vids, love those too. We all have those that are good, bad and ugly if you don’t, you either haven’t been training long or very hard! Keep those coming too, and I for one thank you for sharing. I don’t know who the handler of Igor is, but I did notice that you received high score OB, and Protection, high II AND trial! Congrats, you obviously are doing something right (apparently lots). Phil, if you were offended that is unfortunate, as you were never singled out, however, a challenge...in sharing valuable information:
(1) What do you look for in a breeding dog, both phenotypically and genotypically? What guides your decisions?
(2) How do you teach the retrieve especially with an eye for speed and calmness, and to minimize chewing behaviour?
(3) How do you create the perfect bite?! Be specific; targeting, setting the grip, re-gripping when the bite is not full, especially due to sleeve presentation etc., dealing with teaching a full grip
especially to those that may not bring a full grip "genetically". One step further, are grips multi-factorial, i.e. a function of genetics and/or environment and/or training?
Take a chance in replying, we just may agree.
Stew
Stew

PreviousNext

Return to Litters