San Diego Diensthund Winter Trial-- Good luck to my friends.

Events and results

Moderators: annecamper, Bob Miller, AronSchH3, sch3dana, Paul K

San Diego Diensthund Winter Trial-- Good luck to my friends.

Postby Gunny » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:44 pm

Good Luck to all my friends showing thier dogs today.

Jim and Jake
Sunny and Iggy
Danny and Darka, Brogen and Bobby
Eric and Caden
Sorry if I left anyone out. I am not sure of all the people showing! But you know have my best!!!!
Temple of the Tree's Aderes (Addie) SchH3. HOT
A'Mickey DaKine
Http://MalinoisDaKine.com
Gunny

Re: San Diego Diensthund Winter Trial-- Good luck to my friends.

Postby Danny » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:16 am

Thanks Jim. Here's how it went down.

Our judge (who some of you may know), Warren Jones, was excellent. He has a good eye, is fair and consistent and lots of fun to be around. That’s the trifecta when it comes to judges.

Sunny Baik and her Klemm son Iggy had a big day.
Igor from Mike’s Place (aka Iggy Piggy Pie, Pigalish, etc.) with Sunny Baik earned their Schutzhund 1 going high tracking, high protection, high in trial – 96-86-97=279a

Darka van de Berlex-Hoeve earned her FH1 with 94 points.

Mpact’s Jake with Jim Forney earned their Bh.
Vhoebe du Loups du Soleil and Lise Strum earned their Bh.
Temple of the Tree’s Caden with Eric Tran earned their Bh.
Temple of the Tree’s Brogan earned her Bh.
Temple of the Tree’s Bobby earned his Bh.

Brenda Arao (member of the Malinois community locally) was high SchH2 and high obedience with her female GSD Lockett.

Darka van de Berlex-Hoeve came back after her FH1 and did an OB3 earning 97 points.

(Since I’m a Rottie guy at heart) I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention Janay Greenlee and her female Rottie Unja. Oh my goodness. That teamed earned their SchH2. Unja is an absolute sweetheart off the field and an incredible protection dog on it. That girl’s one in a million when it comes to Rotties.

It was nice to see AWMA VP Chris Smith drive all the way down to visit and support the trial.

Big thank-you and congratulations to all the teams that participated.

Now it's time to get the Christmas shopping finally done! Happy Holidays to everyone!
Danny

Postby Gunny » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Congrats to all my friends at SDDC and in SoCal for thier new titles.

And special Congrats to all the TotT dogs!!!!! It was a good day for you guys!
Temple of the Tree's Aderes (Addie) SchH3. HOT
A'Mickey DaKine
Http://MalinoisDaKine.com
Gunny

Postby j.4knee » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:14 am

Thanks Jim,

Sunny and Iggy were awesome. It was good to spend some time chatting with our VP.
R/Jim
MPACTS Blackjack, Temple of the Tree's Bodhisattva
j.4knee

Postby maligator1004 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:02 pm

thanks jake/jim and addie/jim!! wow, that's like the old days :D it was a great trial this weekend--we all had a lot of fun and warren was really awesome as a judge--all the handlers and the club really enjoyed having him out....and as usual our club had a lot of fun hosting all of our doggy friends from the area.

i would like to add my congratulations--danny and darka did a great job on their fh and ob3 (a very polished team). and all the bh handlers (jim with jake, eric with caden, danny with bobby and brogan, lise'ann with vhoebe) did a great job getting things started. it was very unfortunate that cris with encore (dobe) went so late in the evening....encore is the cutest/sweetest thing ever, but she was freezing!! so, the long down in the cold, wet grass wasn't going to happen (i don't blame her!! haha)...the schh teams all looked great (jeff with storm, brenda with locket, janay with unja and steve with copper). everyone showed their dogs very well, were excellent sportsman and made the day fun and festive for all.

as igor's "mom" i was super happy/proud of him--he really came through for me...but the icing on the cake was how well the all of the temple of the tree dogs and my fellow club members did!! and as mentioned before, it was fun to have our vp (chris) there joining in the festivities.....so, as far as trials go....it was a good day for all!! :D

jim, it would have been great if addie had been able to trial with us too!! i'm sure that danny would have appreciated having you there as well....he ended up laying tracks, trialing, handling demo dogs AND did all the helper work too!! :shock: so, hopefully you decide to leave the snow behind and come back to san diego soon, hahaha :lol:
Dralion SchH3, CGC, HOT, CHIC
Igor From Mike's Place SchH2, HOT, CHIC
Temple of the Tree's Baudouin BH, CHIC
Vizon vd Debbershoeve, SchH1, HOT
maligator1004

Postby Danny » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Here's an incredible picture of the pack of feral dogs that were telling Sunny and Iggy to get off their field. Sunny is crouching with Iggy who has downed on his first article. Other trial handlers and club president Ted Evans managed to shoosh off the pack and Iggy continued his track. To still manage a 96 despite this distraction was pretty cool.

Danny

Postby Warren Jones » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:28 am

SDDC (or is is SDDV? Club or Verein? sorry I can't remember) did a great job with the trial and showed off some very nice training -- a very high success rate! And i do feel bad for Christine and Encore, who obviously was not ready for the cool weather (meaning Encore, poor baby). The club field is down in a bowl, and I have to admit that by the time they were on the field, I was shivering and teeth chattering, and I'm from where it was -26 the week before.

As to the photo, it's not just Sunny and the pack of dogs, but the border with Mexico (that's Tijuana) in the background. It was definitely surreal. Thanks to everyone who participated, from handlers to group to cooks and spectators, and of course to my gracious host Ted Evans. Danny was the classical training director, with dogs in multiple phases, handling retired dogs as demo dogs for odd dogs and bitches in heat and laying all the 2s and 3s and doing a great job with the helper work. In other words, all the good stuff Sunny, Danny and Jim said. Happy I could help and be a part of it!

WJ
Warren Jones

Postby Christopher Smith » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:28 am

I don't think that's a pack of wild dogs. I think the back of Danny's van fell open. :D Mind you Sunny/Iggy still pulled a V score.

Dienstuhund consistently host great trials and this one was no exception. Warren did a excellent job of evaluating the dogs and gave critiques that were understandable and helpful. A job well done to by all.
"Honesty is never seen sitting astride the fence."
Christopher Smith

Postby j.4knee » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:30 pm

Warren did do a great job and for those of you who BH under him you'll have to experience the spectator / BH handler opposing charge for yourself! :lol:
R/Jim
MPACTS Blackjack, Temple of the Tree's Bodhisattva
j.4knee

Postby Donna » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:25 pm

Congratulations to everyone! Way to go Sunny and Iggy. Sounds like another fun trial with terrific results.

Warren, minus 26? :shock: I don't think I've experienced 26 degrees, let alone "minus" 26. My goodness, what kind of frost cloth do you use to cover the bougainvillea?

Here in balmy Phoenix the farmers are harvesting alfalfa, cotton, planting and harvesting roses for the bare root rose trade, citrus is ripening...ahh, we love a long winter. :D
Felise du Chenil du Mirador, HOT, SchH3, RH1, TDI, CGC, UScA Working Champion
Temple of the Tree's Beau Geste, HOT, IPO3, SchH3, AWD3, OFA CHIC, RATI, RATCH - Barn Hunt Champion, CZ8G, CGC, FDC
Donna

Postby Warren Jones » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:07 am

Sorry, Donna, for the time being I'd still rather live here than there... summers here are really pretty nice, and fall is just wonderful. It's only November thru march that's really "inclement", and there are those (like some mushers I know) that live for this time of year.
Warren Jones

Return to Events