AWMA Nationals

Events and results

Moderators: annecamper, Bob Miller, AronSchH3, sch3dana, Paul K

Re: AWMA Nationals

Postby C.A. Vessell » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:01 pm

Thanks Dana for the timely updates - I definitely appreciate them!

Congrats to Ivan and Rock and ALL the competitors for the walking that center line.

Lacey
C.A. Vessell

Postby AronSchH3 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:51 pm

The event photographer already has most of the competitors and phases up and videos coming soon. Very cool job considering the rain was awful for a good part of the weekend! It was great seeing everyone this weekend and looking forward to next year :)

http://www.shellshots.com/
- Dana -
And the Malinois ...
-Malachai du Ciel Rouge
AronSchH3

Postby annecamper » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:31 pm

I hope everyone has made it home without any problems and you all beat the bad weather that is stretching across the center of the country. I got home to below zero temps and it did't make it above zero all day. Makes the cold and rain in Florida seem downright balmy. Tracking was tough, and most of the competitors had wet weather on the obedience and protection field. Regardless, there were some very nice performances.

We did manage to have a great time, with a good deal of socializing along with the spirited competition. The host hotel had good food, a bar and music and was in a very convenient location. The dinner Saturday was a ton of fun - imagine a bunch of so-called adults with a pinata and plastic baseball bat.

I'd like to thank the judges, Willie Pope and Milos Kovac for their consistent judging and good critiques. Thanks also to our helpers and tracklayers. I don't want to forget to mention anyone, so it is probably best to issue an overall heartfelt thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put on the event, including the donors, members of the Spirit Working Dog Club, and other volunteers.

And I'd also like to thank all the members of the AWMA for their continued support of our organization. We may be small, but we are mighty. We are fortunate to have a dedicated group of breeders, trainers, and competitors and a cadre of phenomenal dogs.

Anne
annecamper

Postby Gunny » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:23 pm

Bravo Zulu to the Spirit Working Dog Club. I traveled from the great white north to see the best Malinois in the country and the event to showcase those dogs was Awesome. The host Hotel was top notch, good food, and entertainment in a safe part of town. The Draw was great, The helper work was safe, the Judging was Championship level and very consistent. I thought Milos Kovac maybe one of the best at his craft. I think more IPO championship needs this kind of judging....One of the biggest compliants I hear about SchH is that it is water down....Not this Championship!!!

I enjoyed meeting a lot of folks and seeing those I already am aquianted with. That was worth every penny I spent to come down. Thanks for throwing a great show Spirit!
Temple of the Tree's Aderes (Addie) SchH3. HOT
A'Mickey DaKine
Http://MalinoisDaKine.com
Gunny

Postby Robert W Voss » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:31 pm

There seems to be missing scores on the Results page of the Championship website. I'll trust that Ivan and Rock won :) but would love to see the remaining scores.

rwv
Robert W Voss

Postby AronSchH3 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:03 pm

From memory...

David Green had a 94 Obedience, 95 Protection
Carrie Silva I think had a 90 obedience not sure protection
Don't remember Michael Lorraine, John Soares or Shawn Thompson scores.

John Soares was Helpers Choice.
Ivan was High Obedience.
Michael Morgan was High Protection.
Sean Rivera was High Tracking.
- Dana -
And the Malinois ...
-Malachai du Ciel Rouge
AronSchH3

Postby Gunny » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:31 pm

John Soares and Vion. A 76 pts and C 97 pts. I am not sure what he got in OB.
A'Mickey DaKine
Gunny

Postby Robert W Voss » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:35 pm

Glad to see the Championship results page has been updated with complete scores. I was 'a might' confused when looking at individual totals. Carrie and Ajax score is mis-totaled at 277 instead of 275. At first, second and third glace she was second place...until I totaled scores.

Big congrats to all!

rwv
Robert W Voss

Postby Greg » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:52 pm

Gunny wrote: the Judging was Championship level and very consistent. I thought Milos Kovac maybe one of the best at his craft. I think more IPO championship needs this kind of judging....One of the biggest compliants I hear about SchH is that it is water down....Not this Championship!!!
????were you at the same trial????
Greg
Greg

Postby Gunny » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:27 pm

The one in Plant City right?...I was there. The general concensus I got milling about in the crowd was that most concured with my observations. I am not sure what you thought was out of whack?...but I thought Milos explained very well where he took the points from. I also thought he looked at similar things on every dog. I also think getting a V under him was not an easy task. As it should be.
A'Mickey DaKine
Gunny

Postby Pat Carpenter » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:48 pm

I so wish I could have been in FL. Now I have missed two Natls and I hope to be able to compete in 2010. Going through all the pictures was fantastic. Kudos to all of you who braved the pouring rain and perservered! Congrats to all of you!

My own little brag is that Helen Tyler with Axle Von Koewitz got 97 in protection and won the IPO I competition. Check out his pictures--he did the Courage test in a lake it looks like! Axle is my boy's son, and my puppy's brother, so rock on, Axle!!! I wanted to be there to cheer all of you on, and was at least there in spirit!

Pat Carpenter

Macho Ot Vitosha, 11 x VPG III or IPO III, AKC Utility Dog, Obedience Master
Azar Von Koewitz, IPO I ( 94 91 96 = 281), AKC CDX
Pat Carpenter

Previous

Return to Events