2009 FMBB World Championships, May 7th - 11th

Events and results

Moderators: annecamper, Bob Miller, AronSchH3, sch3dana, Paul K

2009 FMBB World Championships, May 7th - 11th

Postby Shari Lipski » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:10 pm

For those of you interested, the host club for the 2009 FMBB World Championships has put together a website, www.FMBB2009.com.

AWMA's selection criteria for both the IPO and Agility Teams are on the AWMA's website under "Upcoming Events".

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at shari@malinoisdogs.com or via phone at 815.713.4354.

Thanks!

Shari Lipski
AWMA World Championship
& National Events Committee Chairperson
Shari Lipski

Re: 2009 FMBB World Championships, May 7th - 11th

Postby annecamper » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:38 pm

The board recently voted to work with the US Mondioring Association to send a mondio team to this event as well. In the near future, the criteria for team selection will be posted under the events section of the webpage for your review. This has been in the works for awhile and the pieces finally came together. We are finally in the position to send teams to the three performance events at the FMBB and to have representation by the United States in these areas of competition.

Anne
annecamper

Postby annecamper » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:23 am

If you are interested in entering as part of the IPO, agility or mondio teams, please see the information on declarations at http://www.workingmalinois.org/events/. Deadline is February 1, 2009.

Anne
annecamper

Postby Lisa Geller » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:16 pm

HI,

I'm wondering if a dog/handler team could potentially be eligible to fill two differnt teams? --
for example Agility and Mondioring? assuming they met the requirements for both teams.

thank you
lg
Lisa Geller

Postby Shari Lipski » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:16 am

Dear Lisa,

Good question. Because of scheduling conflicts between venues I believe a dog can only compete in one venue. For example you could be in the agility ring at the same time you are supposed to be 4 miles away tracking. Also, last year in Slovenia, Mondio was in a different city than IPO and Agility--about 15-20 miles away.

In the past AWMA only sent an IPO team so this question/conflict was not a concern. In the AWMA agility rules written last year, it does stipulate that a competitor can only compete in one venue.

I would be more than happy to have the WC/NE Committee and the BOD discuss. If anyone else feels strongly one way or another about this, please email me privately.

Shari Lipski
WC/NE Committee Chairperson
shari@maliniosdogs.com
Shari Lipski

Postby Shari Lipski » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi everyone. Happy New Year!

Just a quick reminder: if you will be declaring for a position on the 2009 AWMA IPO, Agility, or Mondio Teams, the entries are due by February 1st. Information and forms are available for download at http://www.workingmalinois.org/events/.

If you have any questions, please call me at 815.713.4354 or you can email me at shari@malinoisdogs.com.

Sincerely,
Shari Lipski
AWMA World Championship
Shari Lipski

Postby annecamper » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:18 am

REMINDER! Declarlations for the 2009 FMBB are due Feb. 1st. See above messages from Shari. We are also seeking volunteers to act as team captains, so if you are interested, please submit your name.

Anne
annecamper

Postby Shari Lipski » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Please join us in congratulating the AWMA 2009 FMBB World Team members:

IPO:
-Dre Hastings and Kaden Ot Vitosha
-Marina Shukh and L'Simba du Loups du Soleil
-Mark Saccoccio and Joker du Loups du Soleil
-Angel Ayala, Jr. and Zenos van de Haantjeshoek
-Kristina Carmody and Wyatt Earp de mon Coeur
-Wendy Schmitt and L'Jersey du Loups du Soleil
and alternate Phil Hoelcher and Master de Alphaville Bohemia

Mondio:
-Lisa Geller and Mangouste du Loups du Soleil

Agility:
-Shari Lipski and Tisa du banc des Hermelles

The competition will be held May 7th through the 10th in Roudnice nad Labem, Czech Republic. In the coming weeks we will be posting information on sponsorship opportunities to help the team with expenses so please be on the lookout for that information.

You can keep informed on the team’s travels and event happenings by visiting the AWMA website or the official site of this year’s Championship http://www.fmbb2009.com.

The AWMA Board and committees wish all of you the best of luck and safe travels.

Sincerely,
Shari Lipski
AWMA World Team
Shari Lipski

Return to Events