http://www.fieldandfarmphoto.com/AMWORKMALPAGE/

See above link to photos of the event.

Anne
annecamper

Postby lindadobe » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:36 pm

Thank you!
lindadobe

Postby malndobe » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:08 am

Thanks for the link, they got some really nice photos of the event. And there are enough of them you can almost see the performances through the photos.

Ouch!
malndobe

Postby annecamper » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:16 am

I was quite surprised to see this one isolated picture used as what I interpret to be a negative representation of the helper work at this trial. You needed to be there to see the caliber of the dogs - the majority of them were fast and strong. The helpers did an excellent job of truly testing the dogs and put a lot of power and presence into their work while being consistent and safe. The judges were highly complemenary of their performances and so were the handlers. This was at the top of the list of any trial I have ever attended for good helper work and I heard many similar opinions throughout the event.

Anne
annecamper

Postby malndobe » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:27 pm

The photo I posted was not intended to be a commentary on the helper work in any way. I've been around protection sports long enough, and been on the decoy/helper end of things enough, to know that sh!t happens.

The photo I posted was interesting to me for a couple of reasons. A) it's Luigi, a dog from my breeding. I skimmed through the other photos they got, but looked at all of his, and this one caught my eye, but not for the reasons you seem to think. B) as a photographer this is one of those exact moment in time photos you hope you will catch, but generally don't, especially at a dog event where you can't ask the subjects for a "redo" LOL. I am always trying to catch the photo right at the perfect moment on the entry, or when the dogs is in the perfect moment in a bark, or the exact moment in a jump, etc. It's more difficult to do then some people realize.

My post was about the caliber of the photographer who was at the event, nothing else. I've seen the caliber of work the helpers at the event are capable of, they are both top notch.
malndobe

Postby annecamper » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:43 pm

Understood.

The photographer did a great job especially considering that she had never seen an IPO trial prior to this one. She obviously has an eye for action and the heart of a dog. On top of that, she is a really neat lady; I thoroughly enjoyed talking with her and meeting her border collies.

Anne
annecamper

Return to Events