Washington

Events and results

Moderators: annecamper, Bob Miller, AronSchH3, sch3dana, Paul K

Washington

Postby G Stephenson » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:31 pm

Super championship! Everyone should be very proud of the AWMA and how far we have come in just eight years. I don't think I have ever seen such a large percentage of this quality of dogs at a championship. Comradery and sportsmanship were definitely at the highest level I have ever witnessed.

Everyone who was involved with this championship needs to pat themselves on the back.
G Stephenson

Postby Danny » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:38 am

I want to echo Glen's sentiments. My compliments to Les and Dara and Cascade for putting on such an efficiently run event.

The number of amazingly excellent performances - espescially in obedience - was incredible. The level of training these days is really pretty astounding.

And my compliments to the decoys.

Every facet of this championship was excellent.
Danny

Postby annecamper » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Glenn said it well. Top notch competition, great setting, and a real sense of community. This was a competition that everyone can be proud of, all the way from the competitors to the helpers, track layers, trial assistants, and local club. It was gratifying to see the high level of mutual support between competitors. I received several comments from spectators with other breeds on how much of a team we all are and that "all trials should be like this one."

Many thanks to the Cascade group for all their hard work. Fantastic trophies, good food, excellent organization, etc. etc. etc. Even the weather cooperated!

I'll put together a more detailed report on the annual meeting, elections, etc. in the near future; need to catch up on things here at work - re-entry today was pretty tough.....

Anne
annecamper

Postby Donna » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:29 pm

Mark Natinsky's infectious smile just about says it all. Mark, big congratulations on being the 2008 AWMA National Champion! I hope you accept this comment in the spirit with which it is given: Edison is almost as good as his mama, Anja von Schoerling:-) Rodd Proctor and the members of the Phoenix Schutzhund Club thoroughly enjoyed seeing you climb to the top because, in part, this is Anja's success as well. Edison's excellent attributes and similarities with Anja are uncanny. Mark, we are very happy for you.

I've always believed the formula for successful dog sport is the quality of the dog, the quality of the training and luck of the day, but this national championship has made me realize there is one more element to that equation, the quality of work ethic, not only that of the dog but of the handler. The handler is the key that turns the engine we call dog sport and in that regard, big congratulations to Dre Hastings for his tremendous success with Kaden. For those of you who are fortunate to know Dre, I think you'll agree his work ethic is unparalleled. Dre, the folks in Arizona are very happy for you.

Let's also salute the Cascade Schutzhund Club for it's dedication in providing a fabulous venue to showcase the phenomenal talent of each and every contestant. The bar has been raised!

Hats off to each and every one of you who traveled the distance, not just in miles but also in effort, for you made history in 2008 and, more importantly, you made memories. :D
Felise du Chenil du Mirador, HOT, SchH3, RH1, TDI, CGC, UScA Working Champion
Temple of the Tree's Beau Geste, HOT, IPO3, SchH3, AWD3, OFA CHIC, RATI, RATCH - Barn Hunt Champion, CZ8G, CGC, FDC
Donna

Return to Events