FMBB Championship, Slovenia, May 9-11, 2008

Events and results

Moderators: annecamper, Bob Miller, AronSchH3, sch3dana, Paul K

FMBB Championship, Slovenia, May 9-11, 2008

Postby Donna » Thu May 08, 2008 12:52 pm

Good luck and best wishes to the AWMA IPO team in the FMBB Championships in Slovenia, May 9-11, 2008.

Also, this is the first year AWMA fielded an agility team in the same championship (Anne, I think along with the ABMC?) . Thank you, Shari Lipsky, for your effort in putting that together.

Good luck to everyone.

http://www.fmbb2008.com/
Felise du Chenil du Mirador, HOT, SchH3, RH1, TDI, CGC, UScA Working Champion
Temple of the Tree's Beau Geste, HOT, IPO3, SchH3, AWD3, OFA CHIC, RATI, RATCH - Barn Hunt Champion, CZ8G, CGC, FDC
Donna

Postby annecamper » Thu May 08, 2008 1:28 pm

Donna,

You beat me to it, and I am glad you got this posted. We have a smaller team this year than usual on the IPO side with representation by Steve Gregalunas and Mike Morgan. Ivan, Marina and Gregg were unable to attend. On the agility side, Shari Lipski, Anke King and Norman Minarik are representing the AWMA and this was a collaboration with the ABMC. Shari put in a tremendous amount of time getting this all together. I too wish all of them the very best. If Shari's international phone works, she'll be giving me updates and I will post them.

Anne
annecamper

Postby mohawkjohn » Fri May 09, 2008 1:41 pm

Any scores yet?
mohawkjohn

Postby Phil Behun » Fri May 09, 2008 2:13 pm

Steve tracked today at 4:00 and has stadium at 4:30 Saturday. Efforting a score. Mike tracks Saturday at 8:30 and has stadium at 10:40 Sunday.
Phil Behun
Oak Spring Kennels
von der Eichenquelle Belgian Malinois

www.malinoisdogs.com
www.oakspringkennels.com
Phil Behun

Postby annecamper » Fri May 09, 2008 2:14 pm

Nothing yet that I could see. IPO results should be here:

http://www.fmbb2008.com/RezultatiResultsIPO.aspx.

There isn't a specific link for the agility results. If anyone hears anything, would they please post??

Anne
annecamper

Postby Psycht » Fri May 09, 2008 2:38 pm

if you place your cursor over where it states IPO results, it opens a scroll down menu for the other results:

http://www.fmbb2008.com/RezultatiResult ... ility.aspx
Ingrid Rosenquist
Psycht Australian Cattle Dogs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGQTE3gnY3A
Psycht

Postby Phil Behun » Fri May 09, 2008 2:56 pm

This just in!!!!!! Steve got a 70 on his track. Missed last corner and last article. When I hear more I will relay.
Phil Behun
Oak Spring Kennels

www.malinoisdogs.com
www.oakspringkennels.com
Phil Behun

Postby Ivan » Fri May 09, 2008 8:35 pm

here is a better site for scores (any scores)
they are always first to give updates on championships
http://chienplus.com/fmbb2008/
Ivan
If you are successful, You will win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway !
Ivan

Postby Phil Behun » Sat May 10, 2008 2:16 pm

No postings on Steve's protection. He got a 78 in obedience to follow a 70 on the track. Mike put up an 85 on his track but doesn't do stadium until Sunday. Shari qualified for the agility finals tomorrow. The leader is in the house with a 293 but still a couple of teams that could beat it. If I hear about Steve's protection I'll let you know. Go wifey go, run fast, run fast.
Phil Behun
Oak Spring Kennels

www.malinoisdogs.com
www.oakspringkennels.com
Phil Behun

Postby j.4knee » Sat May 10, 2008 9:31 pm

True.... but the bitch who is leading has a 100 in tracking and a 99 in protection. Looking at the partials up there it woud take a 98 in tracking by the potential contenders. There are still a lot of scores to be posted yet and Ivan's scores are not up yet. But so far the 293 looks to be pretty tough to overcome. Still good luck and congrats to all our AWMA competitiors in both venues. We're all very proud of you.
R/Jim
MPACTS Blackjack, Temple of the Tree's Bodhisattva
j.4knee

Postby Phil Behun » Sun May 11, 2008 5:04 am

Ivan? Ivan didn't go. If you noticed, the only Americans are Mike Morgan and Steve Gregalunas. There are still a 99, two 98's and two 97's coming off of tracking. Granted the 99 in protection will be tough to beat but the 94 in obedience can be had. Tough road but still possible.
Phil Behun
Oak Spring Kennels

www.malinoisdogs.com
www.oakspringkennels.com
Phil Behun

Postby Marina S. » Sun May 11, 2008 6:50 am

Steve and Eli V'd protection with a 96.

I believe Mike Morgan with Bacchus received high 80's in both B and C.

Congrats to the USA team! :D :!:
Marina S.

Postby Phil Behun » Sun May 11, 2008 8:44 am

Ahhh, but for one more point in protection. Or, one less point on the track. Guess there's always something to be said for the "Home Field Advantage".
Phil Behun
Oak Spring Kennels

www.malinoisdogs.com
www.oakspringkennels.com
Phil Behun

Donations to World Team

Postby Kristina » Mon May 12, 2008 2:33 am

Is it possible to donate retroactively to the world team?

I know we can add a donation to our yearly dues, which I did last year (I think, lol), but I can imagine that travel to Europe has gotten significantly more expensive over the past few months with the increased cost of fuel jacking up both plane and rental car expenses and the dollar reaching an all time low compared to the Euro.

How can one do this? Should I send a check to an individual competitor or send money to the AWMA and you will allocate it accordingly? If sending it directly to a competitor, is it possible to get contact information so everyone is able to know where to send money?

Also, now that we are sponsoring an agility team, are donations that members added on to dues allocated to the IPO competitors only? Just curious. I don't want to open a can of worms, but it would be good to know when calculating my current dues renewal amount.

Thanks for your assistance!
Kristina

Postby Marina S. » Mon May 12, 2008 5:20 am

Kristina,

Thank you so much! Traveling internationally is a huge financial burden every year. The recent change in our economy and the drop of dollar to euro does not help the matters. One of the main reasons we had a smaller IPO team this year was lack of finances. And that is a sad reality.

While I do not have any information about the renewal forms, I know that you can send your donations directly to a team member. This year we had created a page to put up on the website that included every FMBB team member with photo, their bio, and their address to send donations to. Unfortunately, this never got posted on the website. It will be something we will certainly do next year.

Sending the money directly is probably better than sending it through AWMA if you want to donate to any one individual. Hopefully someone can answer the renewal form question for you.

If you or anyone else wishes to donate retroactively to the 2008 FMBB IPO and/or Agility team members, please contact me for their address information.

Marina
Last edited by Marina S. on Mon May 12, 2008 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marina S.

Next

Return to Events