Dre’ Hastings and Kaden ot Vitosha
Lynnea Gillette and Mowgli du Loups du Soleil
Angel Ayala and van de Haantjeshoek

IPO 2
Paul Konschak and Falco Airport Hannover
John Wiitanen and Outbacks Jack

BH
Daniela Bedenice and Baron de la Cite des Boston

Even though we are a small organization, we have 24% of the IPO 3 entries, 40% of the IPO 2 entries, and the only BH. In comparision, USA has 48% of the IPO 3 entries, and DVG has 7%. Now we just need to get a couple FH entries

Best of luck to everyone there. Hope to see you at the AWMA get-together on Saturday.

Anne
annecamper

Postby Clark Niemitalo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:31 pm

Anne dont forget one :lol: of the helpers is a malinois guy also.. :lol:
Clark Niemitalo

Postby mohawkjohn » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:18 am

And one of the judges is a Malinois guy! Glenn Stevenson
mohawkjohn

Postby annecamper » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:32 am

Indeed!!!! Clark and Glenn are definitely part of the contingency. Also, there are two other board members competing. Les will be there with his Dutch Shepherd and Ivan with his GSD, so even though they aren't representing AWMA this time around, I'll be in the stands cheering them on as well.

Anne
annecamper

Postby Psycht » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:37 pm

I have heard some *unofficial* results that I thought I would pass on:

Rosellen Westerhoff/Ura ot Vitosha - 94-85-92 - 271
Mark Saccoccio/ Joker du Loups du Soleil - 95-96-99 - 290
Ivan Balabanov/Apache Do Amper - 90-98-90 - 278

Carlos Rojas won the FH with a 96 and was one of two teams to pass the FH. Weather was extremely difficult yesterday with flooded fields, pouring rain, and tornado warnings. Yesterday's last flight was canceled due to the weather.
Psycht

How about Wendy and Jersey?

Postby Matt Green » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:19 pm

Anyone know how Wendy and Jersey have done?

Matt Green
"You can't esquive a monkey."
Matt Green

Postby Psycht » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:04 pm

Ingrid Rosenquist
Psycht Australian Cattle Dogs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGQTE3gnY3A
Psycht

Postby Gunny » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:56 pm

Damn tracking seems to really have wrecked havoc on the trial. Anyone thier describe conditions?
Temple of the Tree's Aderes (Addie) SchH3. HOT
A'Mickey DaKine
Http://MalinoisDaKine.com
Gunny

Postby annecamper » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:21 pm

I'm a little late getting this done because I experienced the joys of air travel on my way home. Made it home this afternoon instead of last night. I'll be writing up a more in depth overview of the competition for the newsletter, but for now here's very brief synopsis.

The weather was certainly a factor at times. It was mostly overcast and raining and at times it downright poured. Tracking on Friday morning started in the mist and light rain, but it then progressed to some serious precipitation. When James Honda was on the obedience field it was pouring. That afternoon it really opened up, right when the FH tracks were being run. The final flight on Friday was cancelled due to the possibility of high winds and tornadoes, but those went to the southeast of us. Saturday was mostly overcast and light rain, Sunday morning it was also cool and misty but burned off in the late morning.

This was a great competition. There was good sportsmanship throughout. There were noteworthy performances by James Honda and Mike Diehl for USA. Les Flores' Dutch Shepherd was a real crowd pleaser with this protection routine. Montel Brown's Schnauzer Quentin had a fantastic obedience performance.

Team Malinois was truly impressive and ended up in second place overall. I received several very positive comments about the quality of the dogs and the professional level of presentation. In addition to some more seasoned dog/handler teams, there were a number of young dogs present that did a fantastic job. I was able to watch nearly everyone, and will give an overview in the article.

Here's a synopsis of the awards. John Wiitanen and Jack were second place IPO 2 and Paul Konschak was third place IPO 2 with Falco. Mike Morgan and Bacchus were high obedience. Dre' Hastings took fourth place overall with a very nice young male (Kaden) and received the trophy for high scoring youngest IPO 3 dog. Rosellen Westerhoff and Ura were the high scoring female/female team and also received the high scoring female malinois tropy. Mark Saccoccio and Joker cleaned up with HIT, high protection, high IPO 3, and youngest handler trophies. Angel Ayala and Zenos were high scoring senior dog. Daniela Bedence and Baron were the only BH team and they did a fine job.

Many thanks to Mike Morgan, our southeast regional director, for organizing the malinois get-together at the Gridiron on Saturday night. There were close to 40 people there, including all of the helpers. We certainly had a good time.

That's it for now. I'll provide more detail on the event and the AWDF meeting for the newsletter that should be coming out soon.

Anne
annecamper

Postby mohawkjohn » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:49 pm

Im blaming my tracking score on me, I trained Jack to a 70 he found an extra 8 points good boy....bad dad...also bad Michigan weather. I have to go now and get up early and track!
mohawkjohn

Postby Will » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:56 am

mohawkjohn wrote:Im blaming my tracking score on me, I trained Jack to a 70 he found an extra 8 points good boy....bad dad...also bad Michigan weather. I have to go now and get up early and track!

It doesn't count as tracking when your eyes are closed and your still in bed even if your eyes are "tracking back and forth"! :P :shock: :wink:
-Will-
Hari: AKA: Stubborn Pup & Mischievous Imp
Tiko: Pound puppy & Social Butterfly
The two most abundant things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity!
Will

Postby mohawkjohn » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:56 am

No... I also have to do more exercise... I did not realize how fat I was until I seen me on that poor podium.
mohawkjohn

Postby Mike Baker » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:58 am

You could've asked me John I would have told you...JK :lol:
Mike Baker

Postby mohawkjohn » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Paula has been telling me that for a few years so it probably would not have worked but thanks anyways!
mohawkjohn

Return to Events