Seminar with Peter Verachtert

Events and results

Moderators: annecamper, Bob Miller, AronSchH3, sch3dana, Paul K

Seminar with Peter Verachtert

Postby malndobe » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:51 pm

NOTE: I am just posting this for Nelli, as a seminar of possible interest for Schutzhund people. Please don't ask me any questions about the seminar because I don't have any answers. Kadi

Dear Schutzhunders:

The seminar with Peter Verachtert of Belgium is approaching soon. We are very excited about it, because this is an outstanding opportunity for us and everyone in this region to see and work with a world class Schutzhund helper. Afsheen and I have visited many IPO clubs in Belgium and we were always very impressed by the protection and obedience work of their members. The Flemish Belgians are definitely one of the most accomplished competitors around the world in the field of Schutzhund and IPO in the past two decades!

Some of you have asked, but who is Peter Verachtert?

Well, he is currently the full time protection helper as well as training partner in all phases of the world re-known dog trainers Roger Snollaert and Bert Aerts. Not to mention that Peter is also the helper of this year’s #1 qualifying competitor who will be representing Belgium at the 2007 WUSV World Championship. Peter has done helper work in numerous trials and has been selected for German Shepherd, Malinois and Dobermann championships in Belgium, Netherlands, Japan and Korea. He is not only a talented trial & training helper but is also very familiar with the other 2 phases of Schutzhund. In t he past 6 years he has trained and titled his own dogs of different breeds. Peter has been invited to conduct training seminars and trial work in other countries like Japan and Korea (3 times), Chile, Russia and USA (2 times).

We highly recommend Peter for those trainers who want to take their competition prospect dogs to a greater level both in training and skills.

Please note that there are some changes in the seminar.

The obedience part is still only available for handler/dog teams who reserve in advance (only few remaining spots), same starting time but possibly at a different location (TBA soon).

The protection part of the seminar will start at 3 pm on the field of Lake Matthews SchH Club/Golden State K9 Training Academy on both Saturday and Sunday (Oct. 20th and 21st). Reservation is suggested but not required.

Additional protection training sessions with Peter Verachtert will also be available during his stay in California on 2 Tuesday nights (Oct. 16th & 23rd) and 1 Thursday night (Oct. 18th), starting 7pm at Victoria Park in Carson, CA, next to the Goodyear blimp base.

Fees:

Obedience - $60 /dog/ session
Protection - $40 /dog/ session
Spectators - $20 /day

Yours in sport, Nelli Racsko

Los Angeles K-9 Services
and Danubius Kennels
www.losangelesk9.com
Tel.: (818) 519-2414
malndobe

Postby Gunny » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:33 pm

I know my eyes have not witnessed as many decoys as Some of you have. So, take my comment as a grain of salt if you disagree. But I would urge anyone to see Peter in action. I also would urge you to work your dog on him. I found Peter to be considerate, and helpful. Tailoring his work to fit the dog's temperment and ability. He worked the dogs that may have left something to be desired with just as much enthusiasm as he did the more talented dogs. As for his talent technically as a decoy. Superb!!! He even took some time to help me as decoy.

Also Nelli was a very positive force, being gracious enough to ask Peter if he would help me. Also, I thank Nelli for bring down such great talent. I hope it continues. And If there is anything I can do in my power to help I will.

I think I found a decoy whom I wish to tailor my style after.
Temple of the Tree's Aderes (Addie) SchH3. HOT
A'Mickey DaKine
Http://MalinoisDaKine.com
Gunny

Postby draco » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:49 pm

I am sorry I missed it, I was in Finland! I tried to get my husband to go, but he was busy with work.
Michelle K.
draco

Return to Events