Thank-you!

Events and results

Moderators: annecamper, Bob Miller, AronSchH3, sch3dana, Paul K

Thank-you!

Postby Danny » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:29 pm

Wanted to say thank-you to:

John and Paula - for hosting the trial.

Will - that guy was awesome! He really lightened the load for the people putting on the trial.

Pat Carpenter - What a wonderful, generous person.

Glen Stephenson - for explaining why some think that AKC registration of our dogs is important. I couldn't figure that one out on my own.

Clark N. = for his positive attitude and work with the dogs.

It was great to see Marina's Simba do practice obedience. Those two have it together for sure. Hopefully Simba is healthy soon.

I was very happy for Brittany and Joker (voted best protection dog by the decoys!)

It was neat to see Lynnea and Mowgli trial - they're also a great pair. I didn't realize that, in addition to being an excellent working dog, that Mowgli has such a neat personality.

And finally, I fell in love with this area around Flint, MI. It was so beautiful!

Thanks every one!

Now I can't wait to get home and see Sunny and all the rest of my doggies!
Danny

Postby MiniMalinois » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:39 am

It's funny reading this post, What do the three dogs you mention have in common? :lol:
Simon
MiniMalinois

Postby Danny » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:45 am

don't be a buzz kill simon. Ur too nice a person for that.
Danny

Postby Candy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:48 am

Danny you are a class act :) You can see by your post that you enjoyed your experience at the AWMA Nationals and took the time to appreciate other trainer's dogs and the people who worked so hard to make it all happen. How rare is that?
Candy E.
Vini SchH 3 H.O.T.
Loup Noir Horatio AKA "Rico"
Candy

Postby Mike Baker » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:46 am

I couldn't agree with you more Danny. It was a pleasure meeting you and you really impressed me personally and also as a trainer. Great conversations.

John and Paula did an amazing job for such a burden that was solely on their backs.

Pat's always fun;) Anytime you need oxygen Pat I'm there :wink:

Glenn was an super help.

I really enjoyed seeing Clark and Armin's work, but was also glad to see the new comer Mike Burke and his helper work. I think we will see alot of him in the future.

Sorry I didn't get to say bye to you Danny but I look forward when we can see each other again.

Even though many people invested alot of money and travel time into this Nationals I'd like to say thanks to Anne, Rosellen and Lily for their 27 hour drive. Anne has done such a great job as President and seeing the relationship that Rosellen and Lily have with their dogs is always touching and a pleasure to see.
Mike Baker

Nationals

Postby Pat Carpenter » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:09 pm

Hi Everyone!

I had a wonderful week and had so much fun! It was great to meet so many of you and watch you work your dogs at my place! I just had a blast and haven't come down yet. And it was really neat to drive a whole 20 minutes to trial! I didn't have to take as many Immodium before tracking since I was so close to home....... And then Mike was there with the oxygen.

Congrats to my friend and most favorite helper, Steve Gregalunas, and his awesome Eli! His dog crawled right up into his arms while the judge was giving the critique, kind of a lap dog thing w/ Steve standing up! If anyone got a pic of that I would love to see it. And congrats also to Greg and Flair, Wilson and Azzaro, Mike and Bacchus, and everyone who trained and tracked and played the balancing act to try to get their dog to peak in all three difficult phases at our Natls.

As in any big competition, there are heartbreaks and highs, new friends and old. Thanks to John and Paula for all their hard work, and Will, the computer guy, raffle guy, etc etc.

For those of you who weren't able to make it, we had drama too. A thousand miles from home and a broken brake line don't add much to the stress of trialing...scorebooks in the truck which is towed to the shop. No where to put your dogs or get to tracking; never mind trying to train. Yikes.

Everyone seemed to know everyone who was trialing and want the best for them. It was like a little Malinois family. Thanks everyone for the memories!!! You are all welcome back to my place anytime you are in Michigan. And Macho says, "bring on the girls." He hasn't stopped marking since it quieted down here.

Pat
Pat Carpenter

Postby LFlo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:20 pm

CONGRATULATIONS to the competitors and the winners! I wish I could have made it, but circumstances kept me from traveling. I don't know if it counts, but I kept watching the scores several times a day. ; )

How did the meeting go? Did the issues on the agenda get resolved? and did anyone put in for the 2008 Championship?
L. Flo
LFlo

Postby Gunny » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:14 am

Okay, Okay, Okay...So Chris is a nice guy, and Sch4 Dana is a sweetheart, Mike B. is a stand up guy. Mohawk is the only guy I know that smiles no matter how much work they load on him. A trait I admire but lack to the fullest.

Pat was as gracious of host as I have ever met, letting us use her field to practise on.

I got a chance to get to know lynnea, A pleasure indeed.

Brittany I knew before, But it is always a pleasure.

Clark was gracious enough to let me sit in the decoys corner and listen in. I learned a lot...thanks man!!!

I had a great time

Great trial!!!! Great people!!! Malinois folks are the best!
Temple of the Tree's Aderes (Addie) SchH3. HOT
A'Mickey DaKine
Http://MalinoisDaKine.com
Gunny

Postby sch3dana » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:21 am

Danny you are a class act

Not to mention "best dressed handler" :) - Danny really looked great in trial and his Darka is a great little bitch. Danny and I (and most of the others) managed to behave ourselves all weekend. There was a lot of fun to be had, great conversations, great dogs and the best judges dinner of all time.

John and Paula put on a great event with limited help. I really appreciate all that they did to make this a fun and memorable nationals.

There was some heart-breaking, as well as heart-warming moments. Seeing Lily handle so well at such a young age was inspiring- I think I'm ready for kids. Brittany did a fabulous job as the next youngest handler- she looked like a seasoned pro out there, and Joker is an amazing dog. I think we were all disappointed to miss a few dogs in the stadium. I know I was disappointed that I had to chicken out at the last moment and lose the "2007 battle of the blow hards". I'm glad Mohawk was able to step in and take the title, even with all the work he had with the trial, he still managed to have his dog ready :oops:

I was pleased to finally meet "Gunny" and thrilled that his ticket was too expensive to change (he got a call on Friday to head back to San Diego for work, but when they heard the price of the ticket, they decided they didn't need him after all). We had a nice time chatting over dinner Friday.

My favorite dogs- Darka and Jack (Bob Miller's dog) in the barking, Joker, Mowgli and Azarro in the biting, Ozzie for best sit out of motion, Joker and Bacchus for best heeling, Brix for working out all the difficulties on his track and never quitting, Bekqa and Macho for most in love with his owner :). I know I'm missing dogs that stood out, but it's bed time now, so I'm signing off...
-Dana Miller
www.ksMalinois.com
sch3dana

Postby JB » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:29 am

Yeah...Id have to vote Danny as best dressed...stunner shades and all.

Was great having a big event so close to home. Glad I finally got the chance to put some names to faces...esp the west coasters like Dana, Chris, and Danny. Saw some very nice dogs...really liked Joker, Wyatt, Darka, and Steves dog Eli...Congrats bud. Glad I got the chance to see some good helperwork and see Armnin and Mike B's work for the first time. I had a blast...catching up with some old friends and meeting some new.

Congrats to everyone who showed...and thanks to the helpers for doing very good work.

JB
Metro-Detroit SchH Club
johnbochenek@hotmail.com
JB

Thanks

Postby mohawkjohn » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:17 am

Hi Every one! Thanks a lot to every one who was able to make it to Michigan this weekend. Great event I thought weather was perfect also. Thanks to everyone who stepped up an helped. Sorry about my performance with my dog Jack! I did not have a chance to train and my mind was in a fog.....Next showing will be better. Also a special thanks to Will a stand up kind of guy...im sure every one will agree he was a huge help.....Well all for now ...oh yea Judges Dinner was a hit and thanks to everyone who attended and or bought a ticket....MohawkJohn and Paula!
mohawkjohn

Postby Mike B » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:00 pm

I want to thank the AWMA for giving me the opportunity to work this event. It was my first big event as a spectator & a participant. It was a excellent experience. Congrats to all the winners.

It was a pleasure to meet Mike Baker...a true gentleman and an asset to the AWMA and the breed. Mike was very helpful and always looking out for the helpers with anything we needed. Thanks again Mike.

It was great to have met Mrs. Anne Camper as well.... You are an asset to the breed and you run a tight ship.

MowhawkJohn and Paula busted their ass's for this event... you guys did a EXCELLENT JOB and you had a limited amount of hands..... The judges dinner was a blast. The food and drinks were great and you guys have a beautiful home..Thank you for opening your doors to us all and thanks for the SWEET t-shirt!

A big thanks goes out to Clark Niemitalo for all the support and getting me some dogs to work... Also, to his girlfriend Crista for letting me use her female...very nice working dog you have there... Much appreciated.

I met several people at the event..I apologize I can not remember all your names.... the pleasure was all mine. You are all true competitors and supportive of one another and the breed

It was a pleasure watching Clarke and Armin's trial work..... Safe & Correct work... The dogs got tested for sure.

The dogs I got to work were very nice dogs... Mohawk John's dog is a rocket and has some nice grips. Danny Craig's female was a rocket as well.... with some intense guarding..... Good luck to the both of you in the future.

Hope to see you all again.

Regards,
Mike Burke
NEVER FORGET!
Mike B

Postby mohawkjohn » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:16 pm

Hi Mike B thanks for your great helper work ....great response from both Judges on your work.
Last edited by mohawkjohn on Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
mohawkjohn

AWMA Results??

Postby Suzanne Lavallee » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:12 am

For those of us who have been road tripping in pursuit of Mondio Ring, where can I find the trial results for the AWMA Nationals??

Cheers,
Suzanne
Suzanne Lavallee

Postby sch3dana » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:47 am

Hi Suzanne! How was the mondio ring?

Thanks for pointing out the missing link to the Nationals results. I removed it from the home page but had not yet added a new link where it belongs:

http://www.workingmalinois.org/events/results.shtml
-Dana Miller
www.ksMalinois.com
sch3dana

Next

Return to Events