FMBB Team Competition

Events and results

Moderators: annecamper, Bob Miller, AronSchH3, sch3dana, Paul K

Postby Michael Ellis » Tue May 29, 2007 9:30 pm

Chris, you are absolutely right. Anything said publicly regarding these events better be thoroughly fact checked. The majority of what I've seen has been written by people that weren't there. Please be at least a little cautious.
Michael
Michael Ellis

Postby Gunny » Wed May 30, 2007 10:09 am

Michael Ellis wrote:Chris, you are absolutely right. Anything said publicly regarding these events better be thoroughly fact checked. The majority of what I've seen has been written by people that weren't there. Please be at least a little cautious.
Michael

Cautious of what? PETA.... I think even if the facts are exgerratted. There is enough video evidence for PETA to run with. And through discussion, we will boil the facts down. Chris is digging, I am showing him my sources. The process is not pretty, but it's doing exactly what you suggest people do. get the facts!
Temple of the Tree's Aderes (Addie) SchH3. HOT
A'Mickey DaKine
Http://MalinoisDaKine.com
Gunny

Postby Christopher Smith » Wed May 30, 2007 11:03 am

An “exaggerated fact”. Is that anything like a little bit pregnant? :lol:

I think you understand what Mike and I are trying to communicate to you and that’s what matters.
"Honesty is never seen sitting astride the fence."
Christopher Smith

Postby Gunny » Wed May 30, 2007 3:04 pm

I do understand what he (mike) is saying. But I think much more incriminating evidence (or so it could be use as) was posted. So what are the facts? How many dogs were injured?
A'Mickey DaKine
Gunny

Postby Team Soleil » Wed May 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Christopher Smith wrote:An “exaggerated fact”. Is that anything like a little bit pregnant? :lol:

I think you understand what Mike and I are trying to communicate to you and that’s what matters.

Nope Chris...an "exaggerated fact" is more like being "almost a virgin". :wink:
Lisa Maze
Team Soleil
www.loupsdusoleil.com
Team Soleil

Postby Christopher Smith » Wed May 30, 2007 5:44 pm

Gunny wrote:I do understand what he (mike) is saying. But I think much more incriminating evidence (or so it could be use as) was posted.

Well Jim, if you think that your words carry so little weight I guess I'll just have to agree with you. :wink:
Christopher Smith

Postby Christopher Smith » Wed May 30, 2007 5:47 pm

Team Soleil wrote:
Christopher Smith wrote:An “exaggerated fact”. Is that anything like a little bit pregnant? :lol:

Nope Chris...an "exaggerated fact" is more like being "almost a virgin". :wink:

It's the "almost virgins" that get "a little bit pregnant". :)
Christopher Smith

Postby Gunny » Wed May 30, 2007 6:17 pm

Christopher Smith wrote:
Gunny wrote:I do understand what he (mike) is saying. But I think much more incriminating evidence (or so it could be use as) was posted.

Well Jim, if you think that your words carry so little weight I guess I'll just have to agree with you. :wink:

Jedi mind trick at hand
A'Mickey DaKine
Gunny

Aika

Postby BODO » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:43 am

I emailed the owner of the dog that broke her sternum, Marko Habic, she didn't have to be destroyed, she will be back to work in about 2 months.
BODO

Postby Christopher Smith » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:58 am

It’s nice to wake up to great news. I hope the dog recovers fully.
Christopher Smith

Postby Decoy77 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:44 pm

I think the first mistake is that the hosting country is responsible for providing helpers.

This is the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS and you should have helper work equivelent to the caliber of dogs competiting.

There should be a "helper selection committee" by the FMBB itself not the host country.

Each organization that is qualified to send a team to the Worlds also gets the ability to nominate 2 helpers for consideration. Im sure the AWMA can come up with who they feel is the top 2 rated helpers in the U.S.

Each qualified organization sends a body of work by each helper which would be 2 trials of regardless of what half they work. The body of work has to be 2 Regional qualifiers for Nationals, or Nationals and 1 Regional that qualify handlers for the Worlds.

The helper selection committee reviews each body of work and then selects out enough helpers and alternates for the World Championships. Then the helpers are then brought in specifically to work the Worlds and that cost is divided amongst the competiting handlers. That takes the burden off the host country and allows for the best of the very best helpers to work Worlds.

If that means that the helper field is dominated with Belgians, Dutch and a Frenchman working the World Championships on U.S. soil so be it. You've got the best of the best and the caliber of helper to meet the caliber of dogs on the field. I think its a win win situation. Sure it would be slow to impliment but once in place it would take a huge burden off the hosting country, and help eliminate the "oh my gawd did you see what happened at Worlds" discussions.
Jared & Aidan Sur Les Vents D'Enefers

I refuse to tip toe through life only to safely arrive at death.
Decoy77

Previous

Return to Events